LIVE STEAM RELATED ITEMS FOR
All Model Engines Wanted.
Any Live Steam Engines Wanted, Triple Expansion, Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary, Stuart or others.
IC, Gas, Petrol Model Engines Wanted, e.g by Edgar Westbury, L C Mason, Eric Whittle, etc.
WANTED, any model engines. Live steam stationary, locomotives or traction engines, etc. Also Internal Combustion (IC) engines including those designed by Edgar Westbury, Mason Eric Whittle. Radial aero, marine or car engines wanted.
Steam Engines, Locomotives (large or small, complete, part built or kits) wanted. Will be happy to consider purchasing complete live steam engine collections. Any gauge considered. Please call Howard on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420.
In addition to the items photographed below we also
have the following items.
- Wonderful collection of medium to large size stationary live steam model engines. Includes John (Maxwell) Hemmens's limited edition (no 4) 'Beverley' mill engien plant (not steamed), a large beam engine, large horizontal tandem engine, large vintage horizontal engine, large marine vertical single with reversing gear and a large vertical similar to the James Coombes design. All wonderfully made and run very smoothly on air. Best to call for early viewing and best choice.
- 7.25" GWR 1101 Class 0-6-0 Dock Tank Loco. Very nice in green with NEW Western Steam Boiler & certificate. A lovely size club loco that's not too heavy to lug around. Nice detail. Named Midge. £6,850. Just arrived.
- 7.25" Pannier Tank 1366 GWR 0-6-0 live steam loco. Complete. Absolutely lovely. Older build with a lovely patina. Running up until recently. Also a drivers truck and 2 long passenger wagons, again, just beautiful. Just arrived, photos just added below. you will be impressed.
- 7.25" gauge long passenger wagons x 2. Will seat 4. Beautilfully made. Just arrived.
- 7.25" gauge drivers truck. Beautilfully made. Just arrived.
- 5" City Of Truro 4-4-0 GWR tender loco. A rare and beautiful loco. With Swindon copper boiler. Previous owner has said "A joy to drive". Just arrived.
- 5" Cookham Manor impressive 4-6-0 GWR tender loco. Complete and does look extremely nice. With Swindon copper boiler. Just arrived.
- 5" Simplex 0-6-0 Tank loco with Swindon copper boiler. Just arrived. Photos just added below. Bargain of the month !
- 5" Gauge Butch 0-6-0 Tank Loco. STUNNING. Just arrived, See photos below. Speaks for itself.
- 5" Sweet Pea 0-4-2 Saddle Tank. Wonderful, built by a Rolls Royce Engineer. Southern Federation MES boiler history. Lovely quality of engineering, backhead, copper boiler (bolier has serial code stamped, so I would guess is a professionally made one) and paintwork (in blue). Also has twin mechinacle lubricators, and auto cylinder drain cocks. Just arrived, probably worth a bit more, and is the nicest I have seen in some while. Interesting to have the additional rear wheels. Be quick as I suspect whoever sees will want. Photos added below.
- 5" Koppel 0-4-0 Tank Loco. Just lovely. Named Lydia. Just a stunning example. Wonderful finish to engineering, detail and paintwork (Green). Southern Federation MES boiler history & a lovely looking copper boiler & backhead. Not gear driven.. Just arrived. Photos added below.
- EXHIBITION STANDARD stunning 3" Burrell Traction Engine. Top quality build. Never steamed, Hydraulic cert when built. Some photos of amazing build including fabulous looking boiler. Quality items like this really don't up for sale very often. Call for early viewing. Photos coming soon. I would like to keep her, but lack of space prevents!
- 2.5" Caterpillar 4-12-2. LBSC design based on Union Pacific 9000 class. This 3 cylinder loco was described in full in English echanics. Complete with tender. A real vintage loco and been in the same family for many years. Antique patina that would be a shame to loose so should really be kept original. A very rare and unusual loco. I have not decided to sell this but I do have photos for those interested.
- 2.5" Southern Maid 060. LBSC design. Project to put back together. Nice tender too. £1,150. Photos available.
- 2" Clayton Steam Wagon with long trailer. Lovely. One of the nicest I have seen. Undertype & in a lovely blue. Boiler and cab detail look excellent. Southern federation boiler history. Trailer has seats for two and very nice foot plates. Very nice travel/storage box for the engine/cab. Obviously a cherrished item. £3,350. Just arrived.
- Stuart Score, double horizontal set of castings. In original Packaging.. Some work to cylinders started but mainly new. Photos available. £110
- Stuart Real new set of castings. In original Box/Packaging
with drawings. Also know as the "upside down" vertical engine. 34-50-71397 £225
- Stuart James Coombes new set of castings. In original Box/Packaging
with drawings. Worked in Bristol colliery. 34-50-71407 £245
- Stuart boiler feed pump set of castings. In original Packaging
with drawings. 34-50-72475 £75
- Some steam fittings
- Books on boiler making
- Books on model steam engine and loco making
- etc, etc..........
You are most welcome to call Howard
at any time on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420 to discuss or reserve
any item for sale here.
Part Exchange welcome.
Click on image for
more detailed photos, information and sale price.
GWR 1366 Pannier tank
live steam 0-6-0 loco. Stunning example.
Super detail by award winning engineer.
5" Butch 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank Loco.
STUNNING, never steamed.
Just a lovely item to enjoy.
Wonderful 5" Koppel 0-4-0 live steam loco.
Professional Copper boiler with history.
Would have to go a long away to find better.
Stunning 5" Sweet Pea 0-4-2 live steam
loco. Very impressive build. Copper boiler.
Like the Koppel above, pushed to find better.
No. 4 John (Maxwell) Hemmens'Beverley'
live steam plant. A real collectors piece.
Displayed and never steamed.
Wonderful Stuart 5A live steam engine.
Super item. Ideal for marine work.
13.5" tall with 2.25" bore & 2" stroke.
Stunning Stuart pair of Double 10 marine
live steam engines. Amazing lubrication
system. Display or use. Wonderful item.
Lovely Westbury Centaur Gas Engine.
Almost finished. Most engineering done.
A lovely item and well loved engine design.
2" Clayton wagon. Well engineered, well
advanced. Professional Kingswood boiler.
SOLD, but another available, please call.
ALSO a wonderful completed one with trailer just arrived with boiler history.
5" Gauge Speedy 060 live steam
tank loco. LBSC design. Cheddar Models
boiler. Lots done. Quality Engineering.
5" Gauge Dougal live steam loco.
Lovely 040 narrow gauge tank engine.
Lots done and very well too.
5" Gauge Pansy
GWR 060 Live Steam
Pannier Tank Loco. LBSC design
Wheels, cylinder, frames, etc.
5" Gauge Achilles 060 live steam loco.
Developed from the Ajax 040.
Castings available from Reeves.
Lovely Vintage 3.5" gauge 4-4-0
schools live steam locomotive. Possibly
LBSC's Roedean. Rare Spirit fired.
Antique 1920's 3.5" gauge LNWR
Atlantic 4-4-2 live steam locomotive.
Possibly Bowen Cook, George Whale.
3.5" Jubilee Live Steam 2-6-4 tank loco.
Well liked Martin Evans design.
New Cheddar Models boiler with cert.
3.5" LMS Dutchess 462 live steam loco.
4 cylinder Pacific. Dutchess Of Buccleuch.
Drawings 1-9, York 1946. 6230.
3.5" Britannia 462 live steam loco.
BR Standard Class 7.
Popular loco by LBSC.
Lovely 3.5" gauge LMS Stanier 264
live steam loco. Professional RC boiler.
Martin Evans designed Jubilee.
3.5" Lickham Hall, GWR 460.
Live steam locomotive. Boiler almost done.
LBSC design. Great project.
3.5" Rob Roy Live Steam locomotive.
Popular 060 tank loco by Martin Evans.
3.5" Rob Roy Live Steam locomotive.
Popular 060 tank loco by Martin Evans.
3.5" BR Standard Class 4, 75000
460 designed by LBSC. Includes drawings.
3.5" Doris 4-6-0 Live Steam Loco castings.
Favoured LMS Black 5
LBSC design loco.
Rare Uranus 2.5" gauge live steam loco.
LBSC's 4-8-4 3 cylinder tender loco.
Wonderful item, some drawings too.
2.5" gauge live steam tender loco.
Probably LBSC's Olympiade LMS
Jubilee class. Nicely made so far.
Live Steam model engineer books for
model maker, general intersest or collector.
Interesting Vintage Vertical Twin Live
Steam Engine. With reversing gear..
Nice project to finish.
Desirable Mastiff IC gas/petrol engine.
Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, 4 stroke,
Designed by L C Mason. Hemmingway.
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating Modeeen engine by Ron
Needham. Possibly a Cheddar Puffin boiler.
Large Horizontal Live Steam Engine.
Very well made, super engineering.
Exibited in 1976-77.
Stevens Dockyard horizontal
side value live steam cylinders.
Shown in 1919 Stevens catalogue.
Lovely set of extremely well made sheet
metal rollers. Ideal for live steam model
engineer. 14" rollers. Needs handle.
Spring copper pipe bending set.
A lovely quality Rothenberger gas torch.
Top condition with 3.7 bar regulator
Ideal for live steam boiler making.
Lovely 3.5" LBSC Tich Live Steam 040
Tank Loco. Built by excellent engineer.
Reversing and brakes. Run once or twice.
7 1/4" Gauge Lynton & Barnstaple 'Lyn'
2-4-2 Baldwin tank loco. Trailer option too.
Current Hydraulic & Steam certs. Lovely.
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: email@example.com
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer