LIVE STEAM RELATED ITEMS FOR
All Model Engines Wanted.
Any Model Live Steam Engines Wanted, Triple Expansion, Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary, Stuart or others.
IC, Gas, Petrol Model Engines Wanted, e.g by Edgar Westbury, L C Mason, Eric Whittle, etc.
WANTED, any model engines. Live steam stationary, locomotives or traction engines, etc. Also Internal Combustion (IC) engines including those designed by Edgar Westbury, Mason Eric Whittle. Radial aero, marine or car engines wanted.
Steam Engines, Locomotives (large or small, complete, part built or kits) wanted. Will be happy to consider purchasing complete live steam engine collections. Any gauge considered. Please call Howard on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420.
In addition to the items photographed below we also
have the following items.
- 7.25" Drivers Truck/Wagon chassis for a live steam loco. Strong steel chassis and top plate 0-6-0 for wagon or even electric shunter. Photos available, please call. For sale at £250.
- 5" GWR King 4-6-0 Professionally made Boiler by Swindon Boilers (Trevor Tremblen) with original boiler certificate for sale. Copper, silver soldered Belpair boiler. A two year waiting list by some boiler makers for this valuable boiler. Photos just added below.
- 5" GWR King 4-6-0 part built loco. We have: chassis with axels, axel boxes, wheels, crank, front bogie, smoke box, cylinders, valve chest, tender chassis. We also have many other items like brake parts, chimney (single), etc,..... but still some way to go. Just arrived, please call, photos just added below.
- 5" Jinty, Martin Evans designed 0-6-0 LMS Tank Loco described in Model Engineer volumes 157-160. We have a nearly complete rolling chassis, and smokebox door/ring and dome castings etc. Just arrived, photos below.
- 5" Jinty, new & unused Western Steam made Copper, silver soldered boiler for sale. Comes with original paperwork & certificates. Not been worked on. Jinty, a highly thought of Martin Evans designed 0-6-0 LMS Tank Loco. Just Arrived, photos below.
- 1" Vintage Portable live steam engine. Like a traction engine, without the driven wheels. Lovely item with a beautiful patina. Originally built by modelmaker from Devizes. A family item that we have had for many years. Photos available upon request. A rare and desirable collectors item. Nice detail with an eccentric driven water pump.
- Stuart Beam engine Cylinder and valve chest set. Castings are unmachined. £40, a saving of £20
- Stuart Number 10V, live steam engine casting set in box with instructions. Stuart's small vertical single, ideal for your first Stuart model. Looks complete except for perhaps the cylinder caps. Not machined. A little bit of rust on a couple of castings but nothing major and will come of when machining. £70, a saving of £40 (RRP £110).
- AJ Reeves Warrior MK 2. Edgar Westbury design, drawings by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders and standard done and some other items. One piston ring is broken. £175 (RRP £231) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders, standard, base and columns done and some other items. £125 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. All main castings, might be the odd small item missing.. £105 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. Cylinder machines & base & columns. All main castings, might be the odd item missing. No piston blanks, or reversing straps/eccentrics. £155 (RRP £225) Photos available, see below.
- Sanderson Beam engine. Blackgates castings with drawings. Cylinder & valve chest started. RRP £359 but missing flywheel & spindle outriger support hence only £185. Photos available, see below.
- Lincoln Duplex horizontal twin stationary steam engine castings by Peter Southworth. Comes with base & drawings. £260 (RRP £280 + 69 for base + 18 for drawings = £367) Photos available, see below. Now taken over by Blackgates so castings available if mistake made! In the style of Robey
- Some steam fittings
- Books on boiler making
- Books on model steam engine and loco making
- etc, etc..........
You are most welcome to call Howard
at any time on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420 to discuss or reserve
any item for sale here.
Part Exchange Welcome, what do you have ?
Click on image for
more detailed photos, information and sale price.
Beautiful 3.5" Maisie 4-4-2 Atlantic.
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
& considered one of his masterpieces.
A STUNNING EXAMPLE
No. 4 John (Maxwell) Hemmens'Beverley'
live steam plant. A real collectors piece.
Displayed and never steamed.
5" GWR King 4-6-0 live steam loco.
Part built, a great start for someone.
Desirable & powerful 4 cylinder engine.
5" GWR King 4-6-0 Boiler. Unused
Professionally made by Swindon Boilers,
Trevor Tremblen, with original Certification.
5" Jinty LMS 0-6-0 Live Steam Loco.
Part built, Martin Evans
much loved tank loco.
5" Jinty LMS 0-6-0 Boiler. Unused.
Professionally made by Western Steam.
For Martin Evans tank loco.
Helen Verrall boiler
Excellent selection of
Live Steam model engineer books for
model maker, general intersest or collector.
Antique 1920's 3.5" gauge LNWR
Atlantic 4-4-2 live steam locomotive.
Possibly Bowen Cook, George Whale.
Super Vintage collectors item.
5" Butch 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank Loco.
STUNNING, never steamed.
Just a lovely item to enjoy.
Lovely Vintage 3.5" gauge 4-4-0
schools live steam locomotive. Possibly
LBSC's Roedean. Rare Spirit fired.
Roundhouse 'Millie' 32mm with gas
filler, water gauge, pressure gauge, RC
connection. Live steam 0-4-0 loco.
Boiler tested in April 2018. New in end 2015.
Caterpillar 4-12-2 LBSC Live Steam loco.
Based on the Union Pacific 9000 Class.
3 Cylinder Loco descibed in English Electrics.
Extremely Rare 2.5" collectors item.
2 x Beautiful 7.25"
GWR Passenger wagons.
Steel frames, ball race axel boxes, ply bodies,
spring hooks + relief, approx 7M radius.
Stunning bogie trucks.
Stunning Vintage Vertical marin live steam
engine. Shown here alongside a Stuart 5A.
Wonderful large single with reversing.
A classy large vintage steam engine.
22" tall, 3" stroke, 5" outside cylinder.
Very mpressive vertical live steam engine.
Similar but more interesting & larger
to the Stuart James Coombes engine.
2" Clayton wagon. Well engineered, well
advanced. Professional Kingswood boiler.
SOLD, but another available, please call.
5" Gauge Dougal live steam loco.
Lovely 040 narrow gauge tank engine.
Lots done and very well too.
Runs very smoothly on air. Wonderful.
5" Gauge Pansy
GWR 060 Live Steam
Pannier Tank Loco. LBSC design
Chassis runs on air, forward & reverse.
5" Gauge Pansy
GWR 060 Live Steam
Pannier Tank Loco. LBSC design
Wheels, cylinder, frames, etc.
3.5" Hielan Lassie 4-6-2 live steam loco.
Quality build. LNER rebuilt A1 Pacific.
Popular loco by LBSC.
Lovely 3.5" gauge LMS Stanier 264
live steam loco. Professional RC boiler.
Martin Evans designed Jubilee.
3.5" Rob Roy Live Steam locomotive.
Popular 060 tank loco by Martin Evans.
3.5" BR Standard Class 4, 75000
460 designed by LBSC. Includes drawings.
3.5" Doris 4-6-0 Live Steam Loco castings.
Favoured LMS Black 5
LBSC design loco.
Rare Uranus 2.5" gauge live steam loco.
LBSC's 4-8-4 3 cylinder tender loco.
Wonderful item, some drawings too.
2.5" gauge live steam tender loco.
Probably LBSC's Olympiade LMS
Jubilee class. Nicely made so far.
Desirable Mastiff IC gas/petrol engine.
Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, 4 stroke,
Designed by L C Mason. Hemmingway.
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating Modeeen engine by Ron
Needham. Possibly a Cheddar Puffin boiler.
Stevens Dockyard horizontal
side value live steam cylinders.
Shown in 1919 Stevens catalogue.
Spring copper pipe bending set.
Live Steam Engine/Marine/Launch Boiler.
Looks to be very well made. Nice small size.
3" diameter & approx 5.25" long. Internal flue.
Lovely Westbury Centaur Gas Engine.
Almost finished. Most engineering done.
A lovely item and well loved engine design.
New build 7.25" 1101 Class GWR Dock
tank loco. 0-4-0. Western Steam silver
soldered boiler with original cert.
Super Value 7 1/4" New Build
Super Rob Roy 3.5" live steam tank loco.
Caledonian 060 by Martin Evans.
Sievert Gas Torch, Regulator & Burners.
Bought and used a couple of times.
Many of the burners unused. Lovely set
STUNNING !!!!! Burrell Showmans,
with crane, traction engine. Never steamed.
Dragon. Poss 2" but seems larger to me.
Stunning 3.5" Betty The Mongoliper
2-6-2 live steam tender loco by LBSC.
New build, never steamed. Been displayed.
Beautiful 3.5" Princess Marina 2-6-0
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
LMS Stanier locomotive.
Wonderful Fowler 2"
Gauge Live Steam
traction engine. Super quality of build.
Top detail, gears, crank, etc. all very nice.
3.5" Lickham Hall, GWR 460.
Live steam locomotive. Boiler almost done.
LBSC design. Great project.
Lovely live steam plant
with Stuart Turner
S50 & award winning boiler from Royal Naval
Artificers School, HMS Raleigh, Plymouth 1934.
Beautiful 2" Clayton Live Steam Wagon.
Wonderful build. Super attention to detail.
Trailer is superb also. Stunning.
2" Burrell Showmans, with crane / winch.
traction engine. Never steamed.
Just arrived. Compound engine.
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
Built to a very good standard.
Never steamed. Copper boiler..
Stunning Live Steam traction engine.
Guessing at 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" scale.
25" long, 9.5" wide & 15.5" tall.
Think this is a Fowler ?
Lovely Large Live Steam Beam Engine.
17" beam & 11.75" flywheel.
An impressive engine, a real eye catcher.
Rare & large Horizontal Tandem Compound
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Very unusual, a must for the collector.
Live steam drawing.
Selection of steam engine & loco
drawings. Click here for list available.
Stuart Live Steam Pant with Beam Engine,
Babcock 500 boiler & steam condensor.
Very nice hard wood base.
Sell as complete plant or seperately.
Stuart Live Steam Beam Engine.
Runs on air. Desired vintage model.
Very nice hard wood base.
Gauge Minnie Live Steam
traction engine. Very good build quality
with boiler history. A nice size engine
Wonderful Galloway 1/3 rd scale Hit &
miss petrol engine. Water cooled, fully
working. Stunning wooden base. Rare item.
10.2" Flywheel, 1.75" Bore, 3.37" Stroke
Offers or p/x considered
Wonderful Horse Drawn Gipsy Caravan
& Brewery Wagon Collection. Selling
for local model building friend. Approx 1".
3 Beautiful half models yachts.
Independence of Boston 1904 by G Lawley.
Also 50 foot racer 1988.
Stunning Caravan & water wagon for
1" Minnie traction engine. Lovely item.
See photos as detail is superb.
Wonderful Vertical Live Steam Engine.
Lovely reversing gear. 10.5" tall.
Very smooth motion and quality build.
Can run very slowly, a joy to watch.
Stunning Double Tangye live steam engine.
Impressive model, very nicely presented.
Very smooth running Reeves engine.
Stunning 1/9th scale De Havilland
CIRRUS built & described by Eric Whittle
in Engineering in Miniaturein 1993.
Large Copper Steam Boiler, ideal for
a decent size steam plant or may other
model steam projects.
12.5" long by 5" diameter.
We also have an outside cowling if required.
Vintage vertical twin live steam engine,
with reversing gear. Runs on air.
Slightly larger than Stuart's twin launch.
Wonderful quality & shape colums/standard.
Lovely Stuart Twin Launch live steam
engine. Self starting and runs very nicely
on air.. Not a common Stuart engine.
Super Beam Andy Live Steam Engine.
Runs nicely on air. Also know as
Grasshopper. Very well engineered.
Various Start live steam engines.
Including S50, 10V, 10H & Sirius
A good selection generally available.
Live Steam Engine Castings & Kits by:
Reeves, Blackgates, Anthony Mount,
& Southworth. Excellent choice.
Pulley drive system for live steam engine.
Made by a top engineer. Super quality.
Ideal for Stuart engines like this No1.
Professionally made 5" Torquay Manor
GWR 4-6-0 boiler by John Ellis with
original certificate. Martin Evans.
Un-steamed 5" R1 Class 0-6-0 live steam
tank loco. New from Maxitrak with all
boiler certs. Just been displayed.
Absolutely Stuuning 3" Burrell Live Steam
traction engine. One off opportunity to buy
the very best example I have ever seen.
Very nice Allchin 1 1/2" live steam
traction engine. Good detail.
Copper boiler with some boiler history.
Excellent Taylor Hemmens Allchin 3/4"
live steam traction engine. Num 630.
Later became Maxwell, then John Hemmens.
Poss 1980 - 1981, but not sure!
Very collectable item.
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: email@example.com
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer