LIVE STEAM RELATED ITEMS FOR
All Model Engines Wanted.
Any Model Live Steam Engines Wanted, Triple Expansion, MTB Marine Engines, Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary, Stuart or others.
IC, Gas, Petrol Model Engines Wanted, e.g by Edgar Westbury, L C Mason, Eric Whittle, etc.
WANTED, any model engines. Live steam stationary, locomotives or traction engines, etc. Also Internal Combustion (IC) engines including those designed by Edgar Westbury, Mason Eric Whittle. Radial aero, marine or car engines wanted.
Steam Engines, Locomotives (large or small, complete, part built or kits) wanted. Will be happy to consider purchasing complete live steam engine collections. Any gauge considered. Please call Howard on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420.
In addition to the items photographed below we also
have the following items.
- New in Large Launch twin marine live steam engine. This should power a full size small launch. With reversing and comprehensive oiling system. It's a 2" stroke and we believe the cylinders are also 2" diameter (could be 2 1/4"). Dimensions are approx: 50cm tall & 55cm x 49cm, with the 49cm being along the crank side. The valve chests are 3" x 3.5". There is a 9" flywheel but only added to help turn the engine over. The engine is mainly complete but does need finishing, however this is mainly the oiling fittings and the setting up of the drive rod etc. We were told this is a new build and was built as a to replacement a worn engine. Do allow for some commissioning work. Photos just added below.
- 7.25" Track points & cross over. About 5 points and a cross over with points. It is the 16mm aluminium track. Needs sleepers. Best to call me.
- New in 5" Silvercrest (Kingscale) GWR 14XX, 0-4-2 2017 tank loco. With original boiler paperwork for the professionally made boiler. One of the later versions. Used but in super original condition. Photos just added below.
- New in 5" Speedy. Very popular LBSC designed 0-6-0 BR Class 1500 tank loco. Looks complete but needs finishing touches, and painting. Chassis runs on air, according to previous owner. Has an unused professionallly made silver soldered copper boiler with original certificate. Built to run, not exhibition. Great small project to complete. Just arrived, photos just added below.
- New in 5" Enterprise. LNER Class V1 2-6-2. Martin Evans 3 cylinder tank loco. Chassis well advanced but not complete. Very good looking new boiler, stamped JJ & number. Boiler made and hydraulic tested by two boiler testers from the Sunderland Model Engineering Society. I understand their names are John Faulkener & John Bell. Just arrived, photos soon, but call in advance if interested.
- 3.5" Britannia 4-6-2 Tender loco. Designed by LBSC. Nearly all done but needs a few jobs to finish. Will also need painting. Some rust present on the cab, running boards & tender chassis and a few other parts. Professional boiler by Bishop & Ellis and stamped with the B&E symbol and also stamped "TESTED JME", John Ellis. Needs smokebox door fitting, boiler fittings, wind deflectors fitting, painting and a few other jobs. It looks very well made indeed. Easily exhibition standard if finished and painted well. Superheaters done. Just arrived, photos just added below.
- Exhibition standard 3.5" Tich LBSC 0-4-0 tank loco. Lovely condition & super quality of engineering with excellent detail including brakes, axel & hand pump, whistle, lubricator, lamp, superheaters, etc. Was at the 1985 Midland model engineer exhibition and has plate on side to show. Helen Verrall professionally made boiler 120psi, working pressure 90psi. This is the best example Tich I have seen for a long time and the best one I have ever owned. It has been steamed but perhaps only 2 or 3 times and displayed for most of her years. Comes with it's own, well made, transportation box. Please be aware this Tich will be valued higher than the other run of the mill examples, however you will get significantly more enjoyment from owning this real gem. Photos just taken, please call. Currently held from sale.
- 3.5" Juliet 0-4-0 LBSC tank loco. Part built but lots done, including rolling chassis (one inside valve chest not fitted), complete boiler, running boards, smoke box, boiler fittings, + lots more. This is slighly larger than Tich and is the Juliet 1 version with Stephenson valve gear (done). A great project for someone looking to finish a small loco that is mostly done. Not painted, & boiler need cladding etc.. Just arrived, do call me if interested
- 2.5" Green Arrow LNER Class V2 2-6-2 Tender loco. Nigel Gresley designed. An excellent example. It does look good and has a wonderfull antique patina of an older build loco at the same time. This one is a true 3 cylinder example with double acting axel water pumps. Certainly a desirable 2.5" gauge loco. Just arrived, do call me if interested.
- 1" Vintage Portable live steam engine. Like a traction engine, without the driven wheels. Lovely item with a beautiful patina. Originally built by modelmaker from Devizes. A family item that we have had for many years. Photos available upon request. A rare and desirable collectors item. Nice detail with an eccentric driven water pump.
- New in Selection of Stuart stationary engine kits of castings. I have just purchased a number of original Stuart Henly-On-Thames (vintage items in old boxes with straw !) Some of the boxes are ok, and some have disintegrated and have been thrown out. I have checked the contents. A small number of catastings in some of the sets have rust. I have not checked the small packed bags of nuts and bolts to see if there is also rust there, but can do so before accepting an order. By all means make me an offer on the collection. Just arrived, do call me if interested. Please remember these are very good old quality castings.
- Steam hammer £310 (RRP £376)
- Steam hammer Lubricator & shut off valve TBC
- Number 7A vertical £260 (RRP £318)
- Number 7A reversing gear £70 (RRP £100)
- Compound twin with reversing gear £325 (RRP £385)
- Number 1 reversing gear £110 (RRP £157)
- Number 5A feed pump £105 (RRP £141)
- Number 9 governer & pump £65 + £85 (RRP £91 + £118)
- Sun. No longer available from Stuart. PLease call.
- Centrifugal pump Number 2 (with 2.5" rotor). No longer available from Stuart. PLease call.
- Compressor or Vacuum pump. No longer available from Stuart. PLease call.
- Victoria, started but no soleplate. Comes with book. £200 (RRP £375, soleplate is £60)
- Stuart No 7 live steam engine parts. Including standard, flywheel, valve chest & cover, crank, eccentric, conrod, valve, & some reversing items. There is no cylinder or either of the 2 bases. Minor weld on standard. £75 (Bargain).
- Stuart Beam engine Cylinder and valve chest set. Castings are unmachined. £40, a saving of £20
- Stuart Steam Boiler Feed Pump. Brand new casting set, with drawings, in original box and still shrink wrapped. £SOLD (RRP £113)
- AJ Reeves Centaur Edgar Westbury design. Horizontal internal combustion engine with drawings. No piston rings. £240 (RRP £340). Photos available, please ask.
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. All main castings, might be the odd small item missing.. £105 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. Cylinder machines & base & columns. All main castings, might be the odd item missing. No piston blanks, or reversing straps/eccentrics. £155 (RRP £225) Photos available, see below.
- Sanderson Beam engine. Blackgates castings with drawings. Cylinder & valve chest started. RRP £359 but missing flywheel & spindle outriger support hence only £185. Photos available, see below.
- Some steam fittings
- Books on boiler making
- Books on model steam engine and loco making
- etc, etc..........
You are most welcome to call Howard
at any time on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420 to discuss or reserve
any item for sale here.
Part Exchange Welcome, what do you have ?
Click on image for
more detailed photos, information and sale price.
5" Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 live steam loco.
Very goood detail. Cheddar Boiler.
3 Cylinder very desirable locomotive.
Quite Beautiful 5" Small Prairie 2-6-2.
Certainly Exhibition standard. Built by
the revered JohnAnyon of Minster
Detail is to behold
Will certainly grace any collection.
5" GWR 14XX Live Steam Tank Loco.
By Silvercrest with good detail with
professional boiler & original paperwork.
Gauge Simplex 0-6-0 Live Steam loco.
Possible an Achilles but we think Simplex.
Could be painted or kept brass finish.
3.5" Britannia 4-6-2 Live Steam Loco.
John Ellis professional boiler.
Exhibition standard build. Almost finished.
Fantastic project, wonderful detail.
5" Butch 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank Loco.
STUNNING, never steamed.
Just a lovely item to enjoy.
5" Speedy. LBSC's
060 BR Class 1500
Tank Loco. Part Built with Professionally
built boiler & certificate.
Super project with Pro Boiler.
5" Driver's truck with brake, for high level
track. Can link between loco & tender.
16.5" long in total.
5" gauge loco display track.
We have a couple of very good example.
Click here to see more photos.
Display rack/track for 3.5" & 5" gauge live
steam locos. Very strong box section metal.
7' long, could be shortened to 58".
Top 3.5"gauge track is 39" off the ground.
Beautiful 3.5" Maisie 4-4-2 Atlantic.
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
& considered one of his masterpieces.
A STUNNING EXAMPLE
5" GWR King 4-6-0 Boiler. Unused
Professionally made by Swindon Boilers,
Trevor Tremblen, with original Certification.
Excellent selection of
Live Steam model engineer books for
model maker, general intersest or collector.
Antique 1920's 3.5" gauge LNWR
Atlantic 4-4-2 live steam locomotive.
Possibly Bowen Cook, George Whale.
Super Vintage collectors item.
Lovely Vintage 3.5" gauge 4-4-0
schools live steam locomotive. Possibly
LBSC's Roedean. Rare Spirit fired.
Roundhouse 'Millie' 32mm with gas
filler, water gauge, pressure gauge, RC
connection. Live steam 0-4-0 loco.
Boiler tested in April 2018. New in end 2015.
Caterpillar 4-12-2 LBSC Live Steam loco.
Based on the Union Pacific 9000 Class.
3 Cylinder Loco descibed in English Electrics.
Extremely Rare 2.5" collectors item.
2 x Beautiful 7.25"
GWR Passenger wagons.
Steel frames, ball race axel boxes, ply bodies,
spring hooks + relief, approx 7M radius.
Stunning bogie trucks.
5" Braked Driver's Truck / Wagon for
live steam loco. Foot boards & seats for 2.
Quality built with twin Bogie wheel sets.
122.5cm long by 40cm wide (inc footplate).
5" Gauge Dougal live steam loco.
Lovely 040 narrow gauge tank engine.
Lots done and very well too.
Runs very smoothly on air. Wonderful.
3.5" Juliet 0-4-0 Tank loco.
LBSC's larger Tich. Finished boiler.
Lots of good work done.
Version 1 with Stephenson valve gear
3.5" Juliet 0-4-0 Tank loco.
LBSC's larger Tich. Boiler kit.
Axel pump, lubricator, valve gear done.
Version 2 with Baker valve gear
3.5" Tich. LBSC's little tank loco.
Large boiler with running chassis &
castings & brass plate to complete.
3.5" Tich. LBSC's little 0-4-0 tank loco.
Cylinders with valves, boiler kit, tanks,
running boards, etc.
3.5" Roedean 4-4-0 Southern Schools live
steam loco castings. LBSC designed.
Reeves castings. 3 cylinder model.
3.5" Doris, LBSC's 4-6-0 Back 5 live
steam loco groups of castings.
Very popular LMS tender loco.
4 different groups available
3.5"Braked Passenger truck or wagon
for live steam locomotive. Twin bogie.
4' long + 2" for wooden buffer.
3.5" Hielan Lassie 4-6-2 live steam loco.
Quality build. LNER rebuilt A1 Pacific.
Popular loco by LBSC.
Lovely 3.5" gauge LMS Stanier 264
live steam loco. Professional RC boiler.
Martin Evans designed Jubilee.
3.5" BR Standard Class 4, 75000
460 designed by LBSC. Includes drawings.
Rare Uranus 2.5" gauge live steam loco.
LBSC's 4-8-4 3 cylinder tender loco.
Wonderful item, some drawings too.
2.5" gauge live steam tender loco.
Probably LBSC's Olympiade LMS
Jubilee class. Nicely made so far.
Antique Live Steam Boiler with meths
burner & smokebox/chimney.
Boiler 3" diam x 9.5", Base 16" x 4.25"
Chimney is approx 14.5" tall
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating. Ideal for small
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating Modeeen engine by Ron
Needham. Possibly a Cheddar Puffin boiler.
Horizontal Live Steam Boiler.
Ideal for stationary engine steam plant or
marine launch application. Nice size.
8" x 5" diameter boiler capacity.
Live Steam Engine/Marine/Launch Boiler.
Looks to be very well made. Nice small size.
3" diameter & approx 5.25" long. Internal flue.
Sievert Gas Torch, Regulator & Burners.
Bought and used a couple of times.
Many of the burners unused. Lovely set
Beautiful 2" Clayton Live Steam Wagon.
Wonderful build. Super attention to detail.
Trailer is superb also. Stunning.
Gauge Simplex 0-6-0 Live Steam loco.
Part built to a very good standard. Lots done.
Super project to finish.
LARGE Twin Launch live steam engine.
2" stroke & bore, or poss larger.
Reversing & oiling system.
Needs small amount to finish.
50cm Tall & 55cm x 49cm.
Stuart Triple Expansion Marine Engine.
Very desirable Stuart live steam engine.
Runs well, forward & reverse, on air.
Wonderful Large Horizontal Twin
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Twin lubricators & governors.
Super tiled & wooden framed base
Paddle steamer, live steam engine wanted.
Just the engine. A compound would be nice.
Please let me know if you have one.
Stunning Vintage Vertical marin live steam
engine. Shown here alongside a Stuart 5A.
Wonderful large single with reversing.
A classy large vintage steam engine.
22" tall, 3" stroke, 5" outside cylinder.
Live Steam, Single Hatch Steam Coaster.
Steam plant, boiler, gas & oscillating twin
engine. RC capable. Calder Craft model.
Excellent detail. Display or run.
Model Petrol Internal Combustion Engine.
Wonderful & large model twin cylinder
engine with radiator & cradle.
A very fine 2" Burrell Showmans.
Beautiful build with older patina.
Family item 1st time sale. Copper boiler.
Twin Oscillating live steam crane with
boiler, water pump & whistle. Also forward &
reversing. Unusual & very interesting.
Metal rotary base & hardwood stand
Sanderson Live Steam Beam Engine.
Runs on air. Desirable model.
Extreamly nice latice wooden base.
Wonderful water tank & pump detail.
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
Built to a very good standard.
Never steamed. Copper boiler.
Rare & large Horizontal Tandem Compound
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Very unusual, a must for the collector.
Live steam drawing.
Selection of steam engine & loco
drawings. Click here for list available.
3 Beautiful half models yachts.
Independence of Boston 1904 by G Lawley.
Also 50 foot racer 1988.
Wonderful Vertical Live Steam Engine.
Lovely reversing gear. 10.5" tall.
Very smooth motion and quality build.
Can run very slowly, a joy to watch.
Large Copper Steam Boiler, ideal for
a decent size steam plant or may other
model steam projects.
12.5" long by 5" diameter.
We also have an outside cowling if required.
Super Beam Andy Live Steam Engine.
Runs nicely on air. Also know as
Grasshopper. Very well engineered.
Excellent Stuart Turner No. 8 live steam
engine. Newly built from original Henley
On Thames castings with piston rings.
1" Bore & 1" Stroke, 8.5" long.
Various Start live steam engines including:
2 x S50, 2 x 10V, 10H, & Star.
A good selection generally available.
Reeves Popular Vee Four (V4) cylinder
oscillating live steam engine castings.
With drawings. Some minor work started.
Live Steam Engine Castings & Kits by:
Reeves, Blackgates, Anthony Mount,
Desirable Mastiff IC gas/petrol engine.
Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, 4 stroke,
Designed by L C Mason. Hemmingway.
Pulley drive system for live steam engine.
Made by a top engineer. Super quality.
Ideal for Stuart engines like this No1.
Vintage Live Steam vertical engine.
We think this is a Whitney, City Road,
London. Stephens dockyard engine.
Live Steam Oscillating engines.
Both of them very nice &
both run well on air.
Very nice Allchin 1 1/2" live steam
traction engine. Good detail.
Copper boiler with some boiler history.
Exhibition quality Stuart Turner
Major Beam Live Steam Engine.
Stunning Keith Appleton Live Steam Plant
with Stuart 10V, Macc Steam boiler,
condenser & steam pump.
Built by Keith Appleton
Stuart Live Steam Pant with Beam Engine,
Babcock 500 boiler & steam condensor.
Very nice hard wood base.
Maxwell Hemmens 1" Showmans live
steam traction engine. Never Steamed.
With original receipt, manual & boiler cert.
Gauge Minnie Live Steam
traction engine. Very good build quality
with boiler history. A nice size engine
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
A couple of small jobs to do.
An engine at a very good price point.
Very mpressive vertical live steam engine.
Similar but more interesting & larger
to the Stuart James Coombes engine.
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer