LIVE STEAM RELATED ITEMS FOR
All Model Engines Wanted.
Any Model Live Steam Engines Wanted, Triple Expansion, MTB Marine Engines, Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary, Stuart or others.
IC, Gas, Petrol Model Engines Wanted, e.g by Edgar Westbury, L C Mason, Eric Whittle, etc.
WANTED, any model engines. Live steam stationary, locomotives or traction engines, etc. Also Internal Combustion (IC) engines including those designed by Edgar Westbury, Mason Eric Whittle. Radial aero, marine or car engines wanted.
Steam Engines, Locomotives (large or small, complete, part built or kits) wanted. Will be happy to consider purchasing complete live steam engine collections. Any gauge considered. Please call Howard on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420.
In addition to the items photographed below we also
have the following items.
- 7.25" Track & points. Quite a resonable amount in 10' lengths. Aluminium rail, perhaps not heavy gauge. Sat on rotten wooden sleepers that will need replacing. Track is currently stacked up and I'm hoping to collect it shortly. Will get photos when I can. I expect there will be a few points. Will look to sell quickly. Best to call.
- New in 5" City Of Truro, Castings, frames, tender chassis, boiler kit, drawings. Looks to be a comprehensive set, but might be the odd bit missing. Complete copper boiler kit, firebox and tube ends formed, main boiler tube welded with weld strap. Wooden boiler forms too. Some work done to frames, bogie, and wheels etc, however in total not that much done. Just arrive, do call if interested as these are rare kits and a deligh to build and own, however perhaps not for the first time loco builder. Photos just added below.
- Exhibition standard 5" GWR Collett 2-6-2 Prairie. Tank locomotive built by the excellent engineer John Anyon of Minster, Isle Of Sheppey. Fantastic detail, built and painted to a very high standard indeed. Photos just added (see below), it's a bit special. Best to call me.
- New in 3.5" Britannia 4-6-2 Tender loco. Designed by LBSC. Nearly all done but needs a few jobs to finish. Will also need painting. Some rust present on the cab, running boards & tender chassis and a few other parts. Professional boiler by Bishop & Ellis and stamped with the B&E symbol and also stamped "TESTED JME", John Ellis. Needs smokebox door fitting, boiler fittings, wind deflectors fitting, painting and a few other jobs. It looks very well made indeed. Easily exhibition standard if finished and painted well. Superheaters done. Just arrived, photos just added below.
- Exhibition standard 3.5" Tich LBSC 0-4-0 tank loco. Lovely condition & super quality of engineering with excellent detail including brakes, axel & hand pump, whistle, lubricator, lamp, superheaters, etc. Was at the 1985 Midland model engineer exhibition and has plate on side to show. Helen Verrall professionally made boiler 120psi, working pressure 90psi. This is the best example Tich I have seen for a long time and the best one I have ever owned. It has been steamed but perhaps only 2 or 3 times and displayed for most of her years. Comes with it's own, well made, transportation box. Please be aware this Tich will be valued higher than the other run of the mill examples, however you will get significantly more enjoyment from owning this real gem. Photos just taken, please call. Currently held from sale.
- 3.5" Roedean 4-4-0 tender loco castings. A Southern Schools loco designed by LBSC. Comes with drawings and frames. No work done except bogie reasonably well advanced. Castings can still be acquired from Reeves who charge £1,012 + VAT for the set. 3 piston valve cylinders in P-Bronze. Only £680 as no smokebox door, ring and dome/chimney. Photos just added below.
- New in 2.5" Green Arrow LNER Class V2 2-6-2 Tender loco. Nigel Gresley designed. An excellent example. It does look good and has a wonderfull antique patina of an older build loco at the same time. This one is a true 3 cylinder example with double acting axel water pumps. Certainly a desirable 2.5" gauge loco. Just arrived, do call me if interested
- Metal display rack for 5" & 3.5" gauge live steam locomotives. Stong, well made rack that allows 3 tears of locomotices, one about the other. Top rail is for 3.5" and the middle and lower for 5" gauge locos. Length of track for all 3 levels is a very useful 7' long, so ideal for tender locos or several tank locos. Top track is 39" off the ground and middle track is 24". The bottom track is just 2.5" off the ground. Just such a useful item. Length of track could be cut down shorter to a minimum of 58" long if required to fit a smaller space. Photos just added below.
- New in 4" Garrett Professional Steel Boiler for live steam traction engine. Just arrived, photos just added below.
- 1" Vintage Portable live steam engine. Like a traction engine, without the driven wheels. Lovely item with a beautiful patina. Originally built by modelmaker from Devizes. A family item that we have had for many years. Photos available upon request. A rare and desirable collectors item. Nice detail with an eccentric driven water pump.
- Stuart Beam engine Cylinder and valve chest set. Castings are unmachined. £40, a saving of £20
- Stuart Number 10V, live steam engine casting set in box with instructions. Stuart's small vertical single, ideal for your first Stuart model. Looks complete except for perhaps the cylinder caps. Not machined. A little bit of rust on a couple of castings but nothing major and will come of when machining. £70, a saving of £40 (RRP £110).
- Stuart Steam Boiler Feed Pump. Brand new casting set, with drawings, in original box and still shrink wrapped. £85 (RRP £113)
- AJ Reeves Warrior MK 2. Edgar Westbury design, drawings by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders and standard done and some other items. One piston ring is broken. £175 (RRP £231) SOLD
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders, standard, base and columns done and some other items. £125 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. All main castings, might be the odd small item missing.. £105 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. Cylinder machines & base & columns. All main castings, might be the odd item missing. No piston blanks, or reversing straps/eccentrics. £155 (RRP £225) Photos available, see below.
- Sanderson Beam engine. Blackgates castings with drawings. Cylinder & valve chest started. RRP £359 but missing flywheel & spindle outriger support hence only £185. Photos available, see below.
- Lincoln Duplex horizontal twin stationary steam engine castings by Peter Southworth. Comes with base & drawings. £260 (RRP £280 + 69 for base + 18 for drawings = £367) Photos available, see below. Now taken over by Blackgates so castings available if mistake made! In the style of Robey
- Some steam fittings
- Books on boiler making
- Books on model steam engine and loco making
- etc, etc..........
You are most welcome to call Howard
at any time on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420 to discuss or reserve
any item for sale here.
Part Exchange Welcome, what do you have ?
Click on image for
more detailed photos, information and sale price.
3.5" Britannia 4-6-2 Live Steam Loco.
John Ellis professional boiler.
Exhibition standard build. Almost finished.
Fantastic project, wonderful detail.
Beautiful 2" Clayton Live Steam Wagon.
Wonderful build. Super attention to detail.
Trailer is superb also. Stunning.
5" Butch 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank Loco.
STUNNING, never steamed.
Just a lovely item to enjoy.
5" Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 live steam loco.
Very goood detail. Cheddar Boiler.
3 Cylinder very desirable locomotive.
5" Driver's truck with brake, for high level
track. Can link between loco & tender.
16.5" long in total.
Quite Beautiful 5" Small Prairie 2-6-2.
Certainly Exhibition standard. Built by
the revered JohnAnyon of Minster
Detail is to behold
Will certainly grace any collection.
Gauge Simplex 0-6-0 Live Steam loco.
Possible an Achilles but we think Simplex.
Could be painted or kept brass finish.
5" gauge loco display track.
1 meter track length. Board is 42" x 13".
A well made item.
Last photo to show in use with Pansy.
Display rack/track for 3.5" & 5" gauge live
steam locos. Very strong box section metal.
7' long, could be shortened to 58".
Top 3.5"gauge track is 39" off the ground.
Beautiful 3.5" Maisie 4-4-2 Atlantic.
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
& considered one of his masterpieces.
A STUNNING EXAMPLE
4" Garrett Traction Engine Steel Boiler.
Professionally made by AJB Engineering.
Unused & dry stored, live steam boiler.
Made by: Anthony John Baldwin
CE boiler with certificate.
5" City Of Truro 4-4-0 GWR castings &
boiler kit. A desirable and valuable
live steam loco when built.
Boiler Formers also available.
5" GWR King 4-6-0 Western Steam Boiler.
Professionally made by Helen Verrall,
with original Certification.
5" GWR King 4-6-0 Boiler. Unused
Professionally made by Swindon Boilers,
Trevor Tremblen, with original Certification.
5" Jinty LMS 0-6-0 Live Steam Loco.
Part built, Martin Evans
much loved tank loco.
Excellent selection of
Live Steam model engineer books for
model maker, general intersest or collector.
Antique 1920's 3.5" gauge LNWR
Atlantic 4-4-2 live steam locomotive.
Possibly Bowen Cook, George Whale.
Super Vintage collectors item.
Lovely Vintage 3.5" gauge 4-4-0
schools live steam locomotive. Possibly
LBSC's Roedean. Rare Spirit fired.
Roundhouse 'Millie' 32mm with gas
filler, water gauge, pressure gauge, RC
connection. Live steam 0-4-0 loco.
Boiler tested in April 2018. New in end 2015.
Caterpillar 4-12-2 LBSC Live Steam loco.
Based on the Union Pacific 9000 Class.
3 Cylinder Loco descibed in English Electrics.
Extremely Rare 2.5" collectors item.
2 x Beautiful 7.25"
GWR Passenger wagons.
Steel frames, ball race axel boxes, ply bodies,
spring hooks + relief, approx 7M radius.
Stunning bogie trucks.
Very mpressive vertical live steam engine.
Similar but more interesting & larger
to the Stuart James Coombes engine.
5" Gauge Dougal live steam loco.
Lovely 040 narrow gauge tank engine.
Lots done and very well too.
Runs very smoothly on air. Wonderful.
5" Gauge Pansy
GWR 060 Live Steam
Pannier Tank Loco. LBSC design
Wheels, cylinder, frames, etc.
3.5" Roedean 4-4-0 Southern Schools live
steam loco castings. LBSC designed.
Reeves castings. 3 cylinder model.
3.5"Braked Passenger truck or wagon
for live steam locomotive. Twin bogie.
4' long + 2" for wooden buffer.
3.5" Hielan Lassie 4-6-2 live steam loco.
Quality build. LNER rebuilt A1 Pacific.
Popular loco by LBSC.
Lovely 3.5" gauge LMS Stanier 264
live steam loco. Professional RC boiler.
Martin Evans designed Jubilee.
3.5" BR Standard Class 4, 75000
460 designed by LBSC. Includes drawings.
Rare Uranus 2.5" gauge live steam loco.
LBSC's 4-8-4 3 cylinder tender loco.
Wonderful item, some drawings too.
2.5" gauge live steam tender loco.
Probably LBSC's Olympiade LMS
Jubilee class. Nicely made so far.
Desirable Mastiff IC gas/petrol engine.
Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, 4 stroke,
Designed by L C Mason. Hemmingway.
Antique Live Steam Boiler with meths
burner & smokebox/chimney.
Boiler 3" diam x 9.5", Base 16" x 4.25"
Chimney is approx 14.5" tall
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating. Ideal for small
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating Modeeen engine by Ron
Needham. Possibly a Cheddar Puffin boiler.
Horizontal Live Steam Boiler.
Ideal for stationary engine steam plant or
marine launch application. Nice size.
8" x 5" diameter boiler capacity.
Stunning Horizontal Live Steam Boiler.
Wonderful addition to a stationary engine
plant. Does look the job too.
7" diameter boiler.
Live Steam Engine/Marine/Launch Boiler.
Looks to be very well made. Nice small size.
3" diameter & approx 5.25" long. Internal flue.
Vintage Live Steam vertical engine.
It's a small old marine engine. Make
unknown but we are looking into.
Can You Help Identify This ???
Live Steam Oscillating engines.
Both of them very nice &
both run well on air.
Sievert Gas Torch, Regulator & Burners.
Bought and used a couple of times.
Many of the burners unused. Lovely set
Beautiful 3.5" Princess Marina 2-6-0
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
LMS Stanier locomotive.
Wonderful Original painting by R.J.Revill.
Standard Class 4, currently preserved on
the Bluebell Railway. 4-6-0 Loco 75027.
36" x 24", Unframed canvas.
Live Steam, Single Hatch Steam Coaster.
Steam plant, boiler, gas & oscillating twin
engine. RC capable. Calder Craft model.
Excellent detail. Display or run.
Edgar Westbury's Wallaby. 28cc in-line
twin cylinder OHV, 4 stroke petrol engine.
Great project, lots done. Hemmingway.
Stunning 1/9th scale De Havilland
CIRRUS built & described by Eric Whittle
in Engineering in Miniaturein 1993.
Model Petrol Internal Combustion Engine.
Wonderful & large model twin cylinder
engine with radiator & cradle.
A very fine 2" Burrell Showmans.
Beautiful build with older patina.
Family item 1st time sale. Copper boiler.
Wonderful Large Horizontal Twin
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Twin lubricators & governors.
Super tiled & wooden framed base
Twin Oscillating live steam crane with
boiler, water pump & whistle. Also forward &
reversing. Unusual & very interesting.
Metal rotary base & hardwood stand
Stunning Keith Appleton Live Steam Plant
with Stuart 10V, Macc Steam boiler,
condenser & steam pump.
Built by Keith Appleton
Maxwell Hemmens 1" Showmans live
steam traction engine. Never Steamed.
With original receipt, manual & boiler cert.
Very collectable item.
Stunning Stuart Turner No. 4 live steam
engine. 10" tall & impressive mid-size Stuart
engine. Runs very smoothly on air.
1.5" Bore & 1.25" Stroke.
Stunning Vintage Vertical marin live steam
engine. Shown here alongside a Stuart 5A.
Wonderful large single with reversing.
A classy large vintage steam engine.
22" tall, 3" stroke, 5" outside cylinder.
Exhibition quality Stuart Turner
Major Beam Live Steam Engine.
A large very impressive engine, see comparison photo by clicking above.
Sanderson Live Steam Beam Engine.
Runs on air. Desirable model.
Extreamly nice latice wooden base.
Wonderful water tank & pump detail.
Stuart Triple Expansion Marine Engine.
Very desirable Stuart live steam engine.
Runs well, forward & reverse, on air.
Gauge Minnie Live Steam
traction engine. Very good build quality
with boiler history. A nice size engine
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
Built to a very good standard.
Never steamed. Copper boiler.
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
A couple of small jobs to do.
An engine at a very good price point.
Rare & large Horizontal Tandem Compound
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Very unusual, a must for the collector.
Live steam drawing.
Selection of steam engine & loco
drawings. Click here for list available.
Stuart Live Steam Pant with Beam Engine,
Babcock 500 boiler & steam condensor.
Very nice hard wood base.
Sell as complete plant or seperately.
3 Beautiful half models yachts.
Independence of Boston 1904 by G Lawley.
Also 50 foot racer 1988.
Stunning Caravan & water wagon for
1" Minnie traction engine. Lovely item.
See photos as detail is superb.
Wonderful Vertical Live Steam Engine.
Lovely reversing gear. 10.5" tall.
Very smooth motion and quality build.
Can run very slowly, a joy to watch.
Large Copper Steam Boiler, ideal for
a decent size steam plant or may other
model steam projects.
12.5" long by 5" diameter.
We also have an outside cowling if required.
Lovely Stuart Twin Launch live steam
engine. Self starting and runs very nicely
on air.. Not a common Stuart engine.
Super Beam Andy Live Steam Engine.
Runs nicely on air. Also know as
Grasshopper. Very well engineered.
Various Start live steam engines.
Including 3 x S50 & Star.
A good selection generally available.
Live Steam Engine Castings & Kits by:
Reeves, Blackgates, Anthony Mount,
& Southworth. Excellent choice.
Pulley drive system for live steam engine.
Made by a top engineer. Super quality.
Ideal for Stuart engines like this No1.
Very nice Allchin 1 1/2" live steam
traction engine. Good detail.
Copper boiler with some boiler history.
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer