LIVE STEAM RELATED ITEMS FOR
All Model Engines Wanted.
Any Model Live Steam Engines Wanted, Triple Expansion, MTB Marine Engines, Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary, Stuart or others.
IC, Gas, Petrol Model Engines Wanted, e.g by Edgar Westbury, L C Mason, Eric Whittle, etc.
WANTED, any model engines. Live steam stationary, locomotives or traction engines, etc. Also Internal Combustion (IC) engines including those designed by Edgar Westbury, Mason Eric Whittle. Radial aero, marine or car engines wanted.
Steam Engines, Locomotives (large or small, complete, part built or kits) wanted. Will be happy to consider purchasing complete live steam engine collections. Any gauge considered. Please call Howard on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420.
In addition to the items photographed below we also
have the following items.
- New in 7.25" Holmside 0-6-0 Martin Evans saddle tank loco. Part bult, but lots done. Includes new professionally made GB copper silver soldered boiler. Looks like a complete rolling chassis with cylinders, motion, valves all done. Majority of platework done, e.g. cab running boards. Saddle tank to complete however the top curved section done extremely well. Boiler is installed and superheaters made. Need boiler fittings etc, but some pipework done. It really is nearly there and to a very high standard. Boiler would now cost nearly £3000 & over £4000 from some makers. Photos just added below.
- 7.25" Track & points. Quite a resonable amount in 10' lengths. Aluminium rail, perhaps not heavy gauge. Sat on rotten wooden sleepers that will need replacing. Track is currently stacked up and I'm hoping to collect it shortly. Will get photos when I can. I expect there will be a few points. Will look to sell quickly. Best to call.
- New Year BARGAIN Club Loco 5" Polly 3 0-6-0 Tank locomotive. Built 2006, original Priory professional copper boiler with full certification history and new Hydraulic and Steam test done in July 2019. Also taken part in IMLEC. All ready to go. Green GWR paintwork is good but not perfect. Wonderful club loco at a sensible price. Photos just added below, but do call if interested.
- New in 5" Royal Scot, 'The Royal Horse Guardsman', 46151, 4-6-0 tender 3 cylinder loco. Excellent detail, just arrived. Cheddar Models boiler. I have some initial photos. Built to a very high standard. Tender has super detail too.
- New in 5" Pansy. Exhibition standard, just lovely. Steamed but then displayed. If you are after something really superb then look no further. Photos just taken and will be below soon. Stunning condition.
- New in 5" Simplex. Rolling chassis with boiler. Very high standard of build, I will say exhibition standard. Chassis complete with all motion, cylinders & valve gear & reversing assembly etc. Motion turns over very smoothly, really like a dream, smooth and tight but not stiff. Axel pump fitted but pipe work needed. Cab bodywork & tanks nearly done, riviting to a very high standard. Running boards done, Copper boiler fitted (club hydraulic tested) & nicely clad with smokebox, saddle done. Dome, chimney & buffers machined. Some boiler fittings done. All in all a very well advanced project. Some initial photos available upon request. A great project. Whoever buys will be extremely pleased.
- 5" B1 Springbok 4-6-0 Part built chassis. Woke done so far looks good. Wheels quartered and on axels, in horns & axel boxes on chassis etc . Connecting rods done. Cylinders (Gun metal, piton valves) are machined but not fitted, needs pistons. Some of the valve gear done. Front bogie & buffer beams complete. Needs axel pump. Smoke box and ring done with smoke box door casting present. Also brakes started/done. A great start, photos just added below. Only £1,185 which is a big chuck less than the castings & with all the hours included ! BE QUICK.
- Exhibition standard 5" GWR Collett 2-6-2 Prairie. Tank locomotive built by the excellent engineer John Anyon of Minster, Isle Of Sheppey. Fantastic detail, built and painted to a very high standard indeed. Photos just added (see below), but don't leave it too late, as it's a bit special. Best to call me.
- Exhibition standard 3.5" Tich LBSC 0-4-0 tank loco. Lovely condition & super quality of engineering with excellent detail including brakes, axel & hand pump, whistle, lubricator, lamp, superheaters, etc. Was at the 1985 Midland model engineer exhibition and has plate on side to show. Helen Verrall professionally made boiler 120psi, working pressure 90psi. This is the best example Tich I have seen for a long time and the best one I have ever owned. It has been steamed but perhaps only 2 or 3 times and displayed for most of her years. Comes with it's own, well made, transportation box. Please be aware this Tich will be valued higher than the other run of the mill examples, however you will get significantly more enjoyment from owning this real gem. Photos just taken, please call. Currently held from sale.
- Metal display rack for 5" & 3.5" gauge live steam locomotives. Stong, well made rack that allows 3 tears of locomotices, one about the other. Top rail is for 3.5" and the middle and lower for 5" gauge locos. Length of track for all 3 levels is a very useful 7' long, so ideal for tender locos or several tank locos. Top track is 39" off the ground and middle track is 24". The bottom track is just 2.5" off the ground. Just such a useful item. Length of track could be cut down shorter to a minimum of 58" long if required to fit a smaller space. Photos just added below.
- 2" Burrell Showmans live steam traction engine. Beautiful model. Has a real old engineering feel to her. Wonderful detail and paintwork is very very good too. Great patina. Just arrived, photos just added below. Call if you love a slightly older quality build.
- 1" Vintage Portable live steam engine. Like a traction engine, without the driven wheels. Lovely item with a beautiful patina. Originally built by modelmaker from Devizes. A family item that we have had for many years. Photos available upon request. A rare and desirable collectors item. Nice detail with an eccentric driven water pump.
- 1" Minnie live steam traction engine. Finished in green. Missing it's ash tray and there is a bit of play on the crank end boxes, but should be a straight forward job to do. Photos coming soon. Does look good but not show quality. Will be priced accordingly.
- Stuart Beam engine Cylinder and valve chest set. Castings are unmachined. £40, a saving of £20
- Stuart Number 10V, live steam engine casting set in box with instructions. Stuart's small vertical single, ideal for your first Stuart model. Looks complete except for perhaps the cylinder caps. Not machined. A little bit of rust on a couple of castings but nothing major and will come of when machining. £70, a saving of £40 (RRP £110).
- Stuart Steam Boiler Feed Pump. Brand new casting set, with drawings, in original box and still shrink wrapped. £85 (RRP £113)
- AJ Reeves Warrior MK 2. Edgar Westbury design, drawings by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders and standard done and some other items. One piston ring is broken. £175 (RRP £231) SOLD
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders, standard, base and columns done and some other items. £125 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. All main castings, might be the odd small item missing.. £105 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. Cylinder machines & base & columns. All main castings, might be the odd item missing. No piston blanks, or reversing straps/eccentrics. £155 (RRP £225) Photos available, see below.
- Sanderson Beam engine. Blackgates castings with drawings. Cylinder & valve chest started. RRP £359 but missing flywheel & spindle outriger support hence only £185. Photos available, see below.
- Lincoln Duplex horizontal twin stationary steam engine castings by Peter Southworth. Comes with base & drawings. £260 (RRP £280 + 69 for base + 18 for drawings = £367) Photos available, see below. Now taken over by Blackgates so castings available if mistake made! In the style of Robey
- Some steam fittings
- Books on boiler making
- Books on model steam engine and loco making
- etc, etc..........
You are most welcome to call Howard
at any time on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420 to discuss or reserve
any item for sale here.
Part Exchange Welcome, what do you have ?
Click on image for
more detailed photos, information and sale price.
5" Butch 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank Loco.
STUNNING, never steamed.
Just a lovely item to enjoy.
7.25" Holmside 0-6-0 Live Steam Loco.
Part built but mostly done. New GB
professional boiler. Excellent standandard.
Quite Beautiful 5" Small Prairie 2-6-2.
Certainly Exhibition standard. Built by
the revered JohnAnyon of Minster
Detail is to behold
Will certainly grace any collection.
5" Polly 3 Tank Loco. 0-6-0
Professional copper Prioiry boiler.
July 2019 Hydraulic & Steam test cert.
New Year's Bargain
Display rack/track for 3.5" & 5" gauge live
steam locos. Very strong box section metal.
7" long, could be shortened to 58".
Top 3.5"gauge track is 39" off the ground.
Beautiful 3.5" Maisie 4-4-2 Atlantic.
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
& considered one of his masterpieces.
A STUNNING EXAMPLE
5" B1 (Springbok) Live Steam 4-6-0
LNER Loco. Martin Evans designed.
Gun Metal piston valve cylinders.
5" GWR King 4-6-0 Western Steam Boiler.
Professionally made by Helen Verrall,
with original Certification.
5" GWR King 4-6-0 Boiler. Unused
Professionally made by Swindon Boilers,
Trevor Tremblen, with original Certification.
5" Jinty LMS 0-6-0 Live Steam Loco.
Part built, Martin Evans
much loved tank loco.
5" Jinty LMS 0-6-0 Boiler. Unused.
Professionally made by Western Steam.
For Martin Evans tank loco.
Helen Verrall (Western Steam) boiler
Excellent selection of
Live Steam model engineer books for
model maker, general intersest or collector.
Antique 1920's 3.5" gauge LNWR
Atlantic 4-4-2 live steam locomotive.
Possibly Bowen Cook, George Whale.
Super Vintage collectors item.
Lovely Vintage 3.5" gauge 4-4-0
schools live steam locomotive. Possibly
LBSC's Roedean. Rare Spirit fired.
Roundhouse 'Millie' 32mm with gas
filler, water gauge, pressure gauge, RC
connection. Live steam 0-4-0 loco.
Boiler tested in April 2018. New in end 2015.
Caterpillar 4-12-2 LBSC Live Steam loco.
Based on the Union Pacific 9000 Class.
3 Cylinder Loco descibed in English Electrics.
Extremely Rare 2.5" collectors item.
2 x Beautiful 7.25"
GWR Passenger wagons.
Steel frames, ball race axel boxes, ply bodies,
spring hooks + relief, approx 7M radius.
Stunning bogie trucks.
Very mpressive vertical live steam engine.
Similar but more interesting & larger
to the Stuart James Coombes engine.
5" Gauge Dougal live steam loco.
Lovely 040 narrow gauge tank engine.
Lots done and very well too.
Runs very smoothly on air. Wonderful.
5" Gauge Pansy
GWR 060 Live Steam
Pannier Tank Loco. LBSC design
Wheels, cylinder, frames, etc.
3.5" Hielan Lassie 4-6-2 live steam loco.
Quality build. LNER rebuilt A1 Pacific.
Popular loco by LBSC.
Lovely 3.5" gauge LMS Stanier 264
live steam loco. Professional RC boiler.
Martin Evans designed Jubilee.
3.5" Rob Roy Live Steam locomotive.
Popular 060 tank loco by Martin Evans.
3.5" BR Standard Class 4, 75000
460 designed by LBSC. Includes drawings.
Rare Uranus 2.5" gauge live steam loco.
LBSC's 4-8-4 3 cylinder tender loco.
Wonderful item, some drawings too.
2.5" gauge live steam tender loco.
Probably LBSC's Olympiade LMS
Jubilee class. Nicely made so far.
Desirable Mastiff IC gas/petrol engine.
Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, 4 stroke,
Designed by L C Mason. Hemmingway.
Antique Live Steam Boiler with meths
burner & smokebox/chimney.
Boiler 3" diam x 9.5", Base 16" x 4.25"
Chimney is approx 14.5" tall
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating. Ideal for small
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating Modeeen engine by Ron
Needham. Possibly a Cheddar Puffin boiler.
Horizontal Live Steam Boiler.
Ideal for stationary engine steam plant or
marine launch application. Nice size.
8" x 5" diameter boiler capacity.
Stunning Horizontal Live Steam Boiler.
Wonderful addition to a stationary engine
plant. Does look the job too.
7" diameter boiler.
Live Steam Engine/Marine/Launch Boiler.
Looks to be very well made. Nice small size.
3" diameter & approx 5.25" long. Internal flue.
Vintage Live Steam vertical engine.
It's a small old marine engine. Make
unknown but we are looking into.
Can You Help Identify This ???
Live Steam Oscillating engines.
Both of them very nice &
both run well on air.
Super Rob Roy 3.5" live steam tank loco.
Caledonian 060 by Martin Evans.
Sievert Gas Torch, Regulator & Burners.
Bought and used a couple of times.
Many of the burners unused. Lovely set
Beautiful 3.5" Princess Marina 2-6-0
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
LMS Stanier locomotive.
Wonderful Fowler 2"
Gauge Live Steam
traction engine. Super quality of build.
Top detail, gears, crank, etc. all very nice.
5" Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 live steam loco.
Very goood detail. Cheddar Boiler.
3 Cylinder very desirable locomotive.
Twin Oscillating live steam crane with
boiler, water pump & whistle. Also forward &
reversing. Unusual & very interesting.
Metal rotary base & hardwood stand
Beautiful 2" Clayton Live Steam Wagon.
Wonderful build. Super attention to detail.
Trailer is superb also. Stunning.
Stunning Keith Appleton Live Steam Plant
with Stuart 10V, Macc Steam boiler,
condenser & steam pump.
Built by Keith Appleton
Maxwell Hemmens 1" Showmans live
steam traction engine. Never Steamed.
With original receipt, manual & boiler cert.
Very collectable item.
Stunning Vintage Vertical marin live steam
engine. Shown here alongside a Stuart 5A.
Wonderful large single with reversing.
A classy large vintage steam engine.
22" tall, 3" stroke, 5" outside cylinder.
Exhibition quality Stuart Turner
Major Beam Live Steam Engine.
A large very impressive engine, see comparison photo by clicking above.
Sanderson Live Steam Beam Engine.
Runs on air. Desirable model.
Extreamly nice latice wooden base.
Wonderful water tank & pump detail.
Stuart Triple Expansion Marine Engine.
Very desirable Stuart live steam engine.
Runs well, forward & reverse, on air.
A very fine 2" Burrell Showmans.
Beautiful build with older patina.
Family item 1st time sale. Copper boiler.
Gauge Minnie Live Steam
traction engine. Very good build quality
with boiler history. A nice size engine
2" Clayton Live Steam Wagon.
Very well engineered. Super project.
Professional Reeves boiler with cert.
Advanced chassis, cab, tanks & engine.
Quality build, do take a look.
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
Built to a very good standard.
Never steamed. Copper boiler.
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
A couple of small jobs to do.
An engine at a very good price point.
Model Petrol Internal Combustion Engine.
Wonderful & large model twin cylinder
engine with radiator & cradle.
Rare & large Horizontal Tandem Compound
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Very unusual, a must for the collector.
Live steam drawing.
Selection of steam engine & loco
drawings. Click here for list available.
Stuart Live Steam Pant with Beam Engine,
Babcock 500 boiler & steam condensor.
Very nice hard wood base.
Sell as complete plant or seperately.
Wonderful Galloway 1/3 rd scale Hit &
miss petrol engine. Water cooled, fully
working. Stunning wooden base. Rare item.
10.2" Flywheel, 1.75" Bore, 3.37" Stroke
Offers or p/x considered
3 Beautiful half models yachts.
Independence of Boston 1904 by G Lawley.
Also 50 foot racer 1988.
Stunning Caravan & water wagon for
1" Minnie traction engine. Lovely item.
See photos as detail is superb.
Wonderful Vertical Live Steam Engine.
Lovely reversing gear. 10.5" tall.
Very smooth motion and quality build.
Can run very slowly, a joy to watch.
Stunning 1/9th scale De Havilland
CIRRUS built & described by Eric Whittle
in Engineering in Miniaturein 1993.
Large Copper Steam Boiler, ideal for
a decent size steam plant or may other
model steam projects.
12.5" long by 5" diameter.
We also have an outside cowling if required.
Lovely Stuart Twin Launch live steam
engine. Self starting and runs very nicely
on air.. Not a common Stuart engine.
Super Beam Andy Live Steam Engine.
Runs nicely on air. Also know as
Grasshopper. Very well engineered.
Various Start live steam engines. Including
S50, 10H & Sirius & Star.
A good selection generally available.
Live Steam Engine Castings & Kits by:
Reeves, Blackgates, Anthony Mount,
& Southworth. Excellent choice.
Pulley drive system for live steam engine.
Made by a top engineer. Super quality.
Ideal for Stuart engines like this No1.
Absolutely Stuuning 3" Burrell Live Steam
traction engine. One off opportunity to buy
the very best example I have ever seen.
Very nice Allchin 1 1/2" live steam
traction engine. Good detail.
Copper boiler with some boiler history.
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer