LIVE STEAM RELATED ITEMS FOR
All Model Engines Wanted.
Any Model Live Steam Engines Wanted, Triple Expansion, MTB Marine Engines, Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary, Stuart or others.
IC, Gas, Petrol Model Engines Wanted, e.g by Edgar Westbury, L C Mason, Eric Whittle, etc.
WANTED, any model engines. Live steam stationary, locomotives or traction engines, etc. Also Internal Combustion (IC) engines including those designed by Edgar Westbury, Mason Eric Whittle. Radial aero, marine or car engines wanted.
Steam Engines, Locomotives (large or small, complete, part built or kits) wanted. Will be happy to consider purchasing complete live steam engine collections. Any gauge considered. Please call Howard on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420.
In addition to the photos below we have the following items:
- 7.25" Track points & cross over. About 5 points and a cross over with points. It is the 16mm aluminium track. Needs sleepers. Best to call me.
- ELECTRIC NEW IN BELOW:
- New in 5" BR Diesel Class 08 Shunter. 24 vdc, with two 12 volt batteries, operation with speed controller and twin note diesel horn. Fully working with forward & reverse. Comes with wooden carrying tray & handles. Fibreglass body. Apparently has pulled 13 people, according to previous owner. SOLD
- New in 5" 43xx 2-6-0 Electric powered version of this GWR tender steam loco. Looks really good. Fully working, forward & reverse, with new 12Volt DC battery. Comes with wooden transportation boxes. Makes steam hissing noise when stationary and chuffing sound when underway.Just arrived, photos just added below.
- New in 3.5" 0-4-0 Electric powered Tank steam loco. Fully working, forward & reverse, with new 12Volt DC battery. Comes with drivers wagon and battery housing box. We also have a couple of 3.5" enclosed wagons to accompany this engine if required. Just arrived, some photos available, please call if interested.
- New in 5" Silvercrest (Kingscale) GWR 14XX, 0-4-2 2017 tank loco. With original boiler paperwork for the professionally made boiler. One of the later versions. Used but in super original condition. Photos just added below.
- New in 5" Speedy. Very popular LBSC designed 0-6-0 BR Class 1500 tank loco. Looks complete but needs finishing touches, and painting. Chassis runs on air, according to previous owner. Has an unused professionallly made silver soldered copper boiler with original certificate. Built to run, not exhibition. Great small project to complete. Just arrived, photos just added below.
- New in 5" Enterprise. LNER Class V1 2-6-2. Martin Evans 3 cylinder tank loco. Chassis well advanced but not complete. Very good looking new boiler, stamped JJ & number. Boiler made and hydraulic tested by two boiler testers from the Sunderland Model Engineering Society. I understand their names are John Faulkener & John Bell. Just arrived, photos soon, but call in advance if interested.
- Exhibition standard 3.5" Tich LBSC 0-4-0 tank loco. Lovely condition & super quality of engineering with excellent detail including brakes, axel & hand pump, whistle, lubricator, lamp, superheaters, etc. Was at the 1985 Midland model engineer exhibition and has plate on side to show. Helen Verrall professionally made boiler 120psi, working pressure 90psi. This is the best example Tich I have seen for a long time and the best one I have ever owned. It has been steamed but perhaps only 2 or 3 times and displayed for most of her years. Comes with it's own, well made, transportation box. Please be aware this Tich will be valued higher than the other run of the mill examples, however you will get significantly more enjoyment from owning this real gem. Photos just taken, please call. Currently held from sale.
- 3.5" Juliet 0-4-0 LBSC tank loco. Part built but lots done, including rolling chassis (one inside valve chest not fitted), complete boiler, running boards, smoke box, boiler fittings, + lots more. This is slighly larger than Tich and is the Juliet 1 version with Stephenson valve gear (done). A great project for someone looking to finish a small loco that is mostly done. Not painted, & boiler need cladding etc.. Just arrived, do call me if interested
- 2.5" Green Arrow LNER Class V2 2-6-2 Tender loco. Nigel Gresley designed. An excellent example. It does look good and has a wonderfull antique patina of an older build loco at the same time. This one is a true 3 cylinder example with double acting axel water pumps. Certainly a desirable 2.5" gauge loco. Just arrived, do call me if interested.
- New in & Rare: 1" Minnie live steam traction engine, with a difference. Longer version with crane, water tanks like you would find on a showmans engine & rear support feet. Quite a special item and not one I have ever seen before. Photos just added below.
- 1" Vintage Portable live steam engine. Like a traction engine, without the driven wheels. Lovely item with a beautiful patina. Originally built by modelmaker from Devizes. A family item that we have had for many years. Photos available upon request. A rare and desirable collectors item. Nice detail with an eccentric driven water pump.
- Selection of Stuart stationary engine kits of castings. I have just purchased a number of original Stuart Henly-On-Thames (vintage items in old boxes with straw !) Some of the boxes are ok, and some have disintegrated and have been thrown out. I have checked the contents. A small number of catastings in some of the sets have rust. I have not checked the small packed bags of nuts and bolts to see if there is also rust there, but can do so before accepting an order. By all means make me an offer on the collection. Just arrived, do call me if interested. Please remember these are very good old quality castings.
- Steam hammer £310 (RRP £376)
- Steam hammer Lubricator & shut off valve TBC
- Number 7A vertical £260 (RRP £318)
- Number 7A reversing gear £70 (RRP £100)
- Compound twin with reversing gear £325 (RRP £385)
- Number 1 reversing gear £110 (RRP £157)
- Number 5A feed pump £SOLD (RRP £141)
- Number 9 governer & pump £65 + £85 (RRP £91 + £118)
- Sun. No longer available from Stuart. PLease call.
- Centrifugal pump Number 2 (with 2.5" rotor). No longer available from Stuart. PLease call.
- Compressor or Vacuum pump. No longer available from Stuart. PLease call.
- Victoria, started but no soleplate. Comes with book. £200 (RRP £375, soleplate is £60)
- Stuart No 7 live steam engine parts. Including standard, flywheel, valve chest & cover, crank, eccentric, conrod, valve, & some reversing items. There is no cylinder or either of the 2 bases. Minor weld on standard. £75 (Bargain).
- Stuart Beam engine Cylinder and valve chest set. Castings are unmachined. £40, a saving of £20
- Stuart Manual Feed Pump. New set of castings complete with gland packing, stainless balls, fixings pack, brass unions, plunger lever & pins. All in original packing and box. The older type Stuart box with original label stating the old name of "Hand Force Pump". Probably collectable ! There are no drawings but these are easy to obtain. £40
- AJ Reeves Centaur Edgar Westbury design. Horizontal internal combustion engine with drawings. No piston rings. £240 (RRP £340). Photos available, please ask.
- Some steam fittings
- Books on boiler making
- Books on model steam engine and loco making
- etc, etc..........
You are most welcome to call Howard
at any time on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420 to discuss or reserve
any item for sale here.
Part Exchange Welcome, what do you have ?
Click on image for
more detailed photos, information and sale price.
5" Speedy. LBSC's
060 BR Class 1500
Tank Loco. Part Built with Professionally
built boiler & certificate.
Super project with Pro Boiler.
Impressive 5" GWR 43XX, 2-6-0 tender
loco. Metal loco chassis as a steam loco
however built to run via battery in tender.
Safe and easy garden railway running.
We also have 5" driver's wagon.
5" Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 live steam loco.
Very goood detail. Cheddar Boiler.
3 Cylinder very desirable locomotive.
Quite Beautiful 5" Small Prairie 2-6-2.
Certainly Exhibition standard. Built by
the revered JohnAnyon of Minster
Detail is to behold
Will certainly grace any collection.
5" GWR 14XX Live Steam Tank Loco.
By Silvercrest with good detail with
professional boiler & original paperwork.
Gauge Simplex 0-6-0 Live Steam loco.
Possible an Achilles but we think Simplex.
Could be painted or kept brass finish.
3.5" Britannia 4-6-2 Live Steam Loco.
John Ellis professional boiler.
Exhibition standard build. Almost finished.
Fantastic project, wonderful detail.
5" Butch 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank Loco.
STUNNING, never steamed.
Just a lovely item to enjoy.
5" gauge loco display track.
We have a couple of very good example.
Click here to see more photos.
Display rack/track for 3.5" & 5" gauge live
steam locos. Very strong box section metal.
7' long, could be shortened to 58".
Top 3.5"gauge track is 39" off the ground.
Beautiful 3.5" Maisie 4-4-2 Atlantic.
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
& considered one of his masterpieces.
A STUNNING EXAMPLE
5" GWR King 4-6-0 Boiler. Unused
Professionally made by Swindon Boilers,
Trevor Tremblen, with original Certification.
Excellent selection of
Live Steam model engineer books for
model maker, general intersest or collector.
Antique 1920's 3.5" gauge LNWR
Atlantic 4-4-2 live steam locomotive.
Possibly Bowen Cook, George Whale.
Super Vintage collectors item.
Lovely Vintage 3.5" gauge 4-4-0
schools live steam locomotive. Possibly
LBSC's Roedean. Rare Spirit fired.
Caterpillar 4-12-2 LBSC Live Steam loco.
Based on the Union Pacific 9000 Class.
3 Cylinder Loco descibed in English Electrics.
Extremely Rare 2.5" collectors item.
2 x Beautiful 7.25"
GWR Passenger wagons.
Steel frames, ball race axel boxes, ply bodies,
spring hooks + relief, approx 7M radius.
Stunning bogie trucks.
5" Guard's truck / wagon for live steam loco.
nicely made. Dimmensions to follow.
5" Braked Driver's Truck / Wagon for
live steam loco. Foot boards & seats for 2.
Quality built with twin Bogie wheel sets.
122.5cm long by 40cm wide (inc footplate).
Gauge Driver's trucks / wagons for
live steam locos. Foot rest options or
build your own higher seat & water.
Small red, braked, 16.5" long
Twin bogie, strong, braked, 43" long.
Twin Axel, strong, braked, 28" long.
5" Gauge Dougal live steam loco.
Lovely 040 narrow gauge tank engine.
Lots done and very well too.
Runs very smoothly on air. Wonderful.
3.5" Juliet 0-4-0 Tank loco.
LBSC's larger Tich. Finished boiler.
Lots of good work done.
Version 1 with Stephenson valve gear
3.5" Juliet 0-4-0 Tank loco.
LBSC's larger Tich. Boiler kit.
Axel pump, lubricator, valve gear done.
Version 2 with Baker valve gear
3.5" Tich. LBSC's little tank loco.
Large boiler with running chassis &
castings & brass plate to complete.
3.5" Tich. LBSC's little 0-4-0 tank loco.
Cylinders with valves, boiler kit, tanks,
running boards, etc.
3.5" Roedean 4-4-0 Southern Schools live
steam loco castings. LBSC designed.
Reeves castings. 3 cylinder model.
3.5" Doris, LBSC's 4-6-0 Back 5 live
steam loco groups of castings.
Very popular LMS tender loco.
4 different groups available
3.5"Braked Passenger truck or wagon
for live steam locomotive. Twin bogie.
4' long + 2" for wooden buffer.
3.5" Hielan Lassie 4-6-2 live steam loco.
Quality build. LNER rebuilt A1 Pacific.
Popular loco by LBSC.
Lovely 3.5" gauge LMS Stanier 264
live steam loco. Professional RC boiler.
Martin Evans designed Jubilee.
3.5" BR Standard Class 4, 75000
460 designed by LBSC. Includes drawings.
Rare Uranus 2.5" gauge live steam loco.
LBSC's 4-8-4 3 cylinder tender loco.
Wonderful item, some drawings too.
2.5" gauge live steam tender loco.
Probably LBSC's Olympiade LMS
Jubilee class. Nicely made so far.
Antique Live Steam Boiler with meths
burner & smokebox/chimney.
Boiler 3" diam x 9.5", Base 16" x 4.25"
Chimney is approx 14.5" tall
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating. Ideal for small
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating Modeeen engine by Ron
Needham. Possibly a Cheddar Puffin boiler.
Horizontal Live Steam Boiler.
Ideal for stationary engine steam plant or
marine launch application. Nice size.
8" x 5" diameter boiler capacity.
Live Steam Engine/Marine/Launch Boiler.
Looks to be very well made. Nice small size.
3" diameter & approx 5.25" long. Internal flue.
Sievert Gas Torch, Regulator & Burners.
Bought and used a couple of times.
Many of the burners unused. Lovely set
Beautiful 2" Clayton Live Steam Wagon.
Wonderful build. Super attention to detail.
Trailer is superb also. Stunning.
Roundhouse 'Millie' 32mm with gas
filler, water gauge, pressure gauge, RC
connection. Live steam 0-4-0 loco.
Boiler tested in April 2018. New in end 2015.
Rare 1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
Crane with water tanks and rear supprt feet.
Very, very unusual. Collectors item.
Vintage Large Horizontal Mill Live Steam
Engine. A very old build, a real antique.
Runs well. Very well made.
Wonderful Antique Engine
Excellent Stuart Turner No. 8 live steam
engine. Newly built from original Henley
On Thames castings with piston rings.
1" Bore & 1" Stroke, 8.5" long.
More Stuart engines below. Scroll down.
LARGE Twin Launch live steam engine.
2" stroke & bore, or poss larger.
Reversing & oiling system.
Needs small amount to finish.
50cm Tall & 55cm x 49cm.
Stuart Triple Expansion Marine Engine.
Very desirable Stuart live steam engine.
Runs well, forward & reverse, on air.
Wonderful Large Horizontal Twin
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Twin lubricators & governors.
Super tiled & wooden framed base
Stunning Vintage Vertical marin live steam
engine. Shown here alongside a Stuart 5A.
Wonderful large single with reversing.
A classy large vintage steam engine.
22" tall, 3" stroke, 5" outside cylinder.
Live Steam, Single Hatch Steam Coaster.
Steam plant, boiler, gas & oscillating twin
engine. RC capable. Calder Craft model.
Excellent detail. Display or run.
Model Petrol Internal Combustion Engine.
Wonderful & large model twin cylinder
engine with radiator & cradle.
A very fine 2" Burrell Showmans.
Beautiful build with older patina.
Family item 1st time sale. Copper boiler.
Twin Oscillating live steam crane with
boiler, water pump & whistle. Also forward &
reversing. Unusual & very interesting.
Metal rotary base & hardwood stand
1" Minnie live steam traction engine.
Built to a very good standard.
Longer boiler & canopy.
Rare & large Horizontal Tandem Compound
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Very unusual, a must for the collector.
Live steam drawing.
Selection of steam engine & loco
drawings. Click here for list available.
3 Beautiful half models yachts.
Independence of Boston 1904 by G Lawley.
Also 50 foot racer 1988.
Wonderful Vertical Live Steam Engine.
Lovely reversing gear. 10.5" tall.
Very smooth motion and quality build.
Can run very slowly, a joy to watch.
Large Copper Steam Boiler, ideal for
a decent size steam plant or may other
model steam projects.
12.5" long by 5" diameter.
We also have an outside cowling if required.
Super Beam Andy Live Steam Engine.
Runs nicely on air. Also know as
Grasshopper. Very well engineered.
Various Start live steam engines including:
2 x S50, 2 x 10V, 10H, & Star.
A good selection generally available.
Stuart live steam stationary engine
castings and projects for sale.
Various models from their collection.
More available, please call and ask.
Live Steam Engine Castings & Kits by:
Reeves, Blackgates, Anthony Mount,
See the Heinrici Hot Air Engine above
Desirable Mastiff IC gas/petrol engine.
Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, 4 stroke,
Designed by L C Mason. Hemmingway.
Pulley drive system for live steam engine.
Made by a top engineer. Super quality.
Ideal for Stuart engines like this No1.
Vintage Live Steam vertical engine.
We think this is a Whitney, City Road,
London. Stephens dockyard engine.
Live Steam Oscillating engines.
Both of them very nice &
both run well on air.
Very nice Allchin 1 1/2" live steam
traction engine. Good detail.
Copper boiler with some boiler history.
Exhibition quality Stuart Turner
Major Beam Live Steam Engine.
Stuart Live Steam Pant with Beam Engine,
Babcock 500 boiler & steam condensor.
Very nice hard wood base.
Maxwell Hemmens 1" Showmans live
steam traction engine. Never Steamed.
With original receipt, manual & boiler cert.
Sanderson Live Steam Beam Engine.
Runs on air. Desirable model.
Extreamly nice latice wooden base.
5" BR Class 08 Diesel Shunter. Very well
built chassis, with detailed fibreglass cowling.
2 direction variable speed. 2 tone horn.
Gauge Jill 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank loco.
Don Youngs's design. Professional
Souther Boiler. Reeves castings.
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer