Exhibition standard Stuart Turner Major Beam live steam engine. Shown in the centre above.
This photo is a useful size comparison for the Stuart Major Beam Engine residing beside some of the other well know engines.
- Top Left: Sanderson Beam Engine (Blackgates)
- Top Right: Stuart Beam Engine (standard)
- Bottom Left: Beam Andy, "Grasshopper" Type (Adaptors Eng Ltd: Models of Precision)
- Bottom Centre: Lady Stephanie (Reeves)
- Bottom Right: Mary (Reeves)
- For info: The ME Beam engine is similar in size to the Stuart & Sanderson engines above.
Exhibition standard Stuart Turner Major Beam live steam engine. Really not much to say other than looking at the photos. The finish and build quality is every bit as good as you will see. Even the base has been cleaverly designed, with a removable front panel to house a motor to display running without the need for steam or air. I will say the 90 degree gear drive, from the motor, is very noisy but this could be easily addressed.
She runs very well, and slowly, on air.
Will be a worthy centre piece of any model steam collection.
The top photos shows a good comparison of her size against other live steam beam engines.
- Bore 1.75"
- Stroke 3.75"
- Base is 25.5" x 13.5"
- Flywheel diameter 14"
- Beam total length 15"
- Height on base with beam horizontal 20.25"
Price: £ SOLD (No additional VAT to add)
Happy to consider a loco, traction, or stationary/marine/aero engines as a part exchange.
Click here to go back to 'Steam Engine' Menu
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: email@example.com
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer